After last year’s inaugural tour of the U.S., Poptone — the new group featuring longtime bandmates Daniel Ash and Kevin Haskins, plus Haskins’ daughter Diva Dompe on bass — are preparing their debut EP, a 13-song live radio session featuring performances of classic-era songs originally recorded by Tones on Tail, Love and Rockets and Bauhaus.
The self-titled album (see full tracklist) is due out June 8, but Poptone this week offered up the first taste of the record, debuting the trio’s new version of Tones on Tail’s 1984 classic “Go!” Stream it below.
The new album features Ash and Haskins digging into their back catalog during a live radio session the band recorded last year for the “Part Time Punks” club night that was broadcast on Los Angeles’ KXLU 88.9 FM. The album is available to pre-order now via Bandcamp in digital, CD and vinyl editions.
The band also is heading out on a previously announced tour, which opens May 10 in Solana Beach, Calif., just north of San Diego, and is scheduled to include four additional dates in California (including Los Angeles and San Francisco) before hitting Seattle, Portland, Ore., and Vancouver, B.C.
Stream Poptone’s “Go!” below.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Poptone performs Tones on Tail, Love and Rockets and Bauhaus on debut album
- Poptone announces West Coast tour, preps ‘Part Time Punks’ radio session for release
- Watch: Poptone plays Tones on Tail’s ‘Go!’ live — plus 20-minute interview with group
- Poptone — featuring Bauhaus’ Daniel Ash and Kevin Haskins — to release live album
- Poptone resurrects Tones on Tail, Love and Rockets catalog in live debut — setlist, video