Looks like David Byrne got into town a little early ahead of his concert in Portland, Ore., so he popped into the Alibi Tiki Lounge late Saturday night to do a little karaoke. His selection? Prince’s incomparable 1984 smash “When Doves Cry,” which you can watch below.
As talkheadtalk wrote, “david byrne just casually doing prince at karaoke last night NBD.”
Byrne — who, of course, is no stranger to karaoke — performed Sunday night in Portland, and his massive world tour tour for new album American Utopia continues tonight in Eugene, Ore.
Note: To see video, hover over right side of image and click arrow
I was pretty skeptical that the “David B” who just sang karaoke at the Alibi was David Byrne at first…but I think I’m convinced
— Stephen Judkins (@stephenjudkins) May 27, 2018
So… David Byrne is at The Albibi singing karaoke?
— Brian Kosciesza (@BrianKosh) May 27, 2018
Update: ran into my karaoke buddy David Byrne again today. He was riding his bike on the esplanade with his bandmates. It was easier to tell this time because they all had on t-shirts reading “David Byrne”
— Stephen Judkins (@stephenjudkins) May 28, 2018
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- David Byrne and 164 other musical acts to play the Coachella festival this year
- David Byrne planning most ambitious show since ‘Stop Making Sense’ for East Coast run
- Stream: Talking Heads’ early demo of ‘Wild Wild Life’ — single off ‘True Stories’
- Vintage Video: David Byrne’s ‘Between the Teeth’ — watch full 1993 concert film
- David Byrne and St. Vincent stream ‘Love This Giant’ album in full, debut video for ‘Who’