The new documentary “The Public Image is Rotten” — chronicling John Lydon’s post-Sex Pistols band Public Image Ltd. — will screen in theaters in the U.K. and Europe this summer and then North America this fall, according to the band.
And here’s your first taste of the project, via the trailer below.
Keep an eye on thepublicimageisrotten.com for full screening deatils; they’re already underway in the U.K. The film is being released in conjunction with a huge new PiL box set, The Public Image is Rotten (Songs From the Heart), which is due out later this month.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- PiL details massive ‘The Public Image Is Rotten (Songs From The Heart)’ box set
- Public Image Ltd. preps 3 vinyl reissues as part of Virgin Records’ 40th anniversary
- Public Image Ltd. to give ‘First Issue’ its first-ever U.S. release with expanded reissue
- Public Image Ltd. records 3-song live session at Minnesota’s The Current (audio + video)
- Public Image Ltd. to release double A-sided single with live tracks recorded in NYC