Further indications of what The Cure has planned for 2019 emerged this morning with the announcement that Robert Smith and Co. will headline a pair of European festivals in June and July, coming a few months after the band’s first-ever concerts in South Africa.
Organizers today announced that The Cure will headline Firenze Rocks in Florence, Italy, on June 16 and Eject Festival in Athens, Greece, on July 17. The band has not revealed further plans for 2019, but the announcement of two European festivals, a month apart, could indicate something similar to 2012, when the band headlined festivals across the continent all summer.
These will be The Cure’s first concerts since July’s massive 40th anniversary show in London’s Hyde Park.
See the band’s tour dates below.
The Cure tour dates:
March 16: Rock on the Lawns, Festival Lawns, Carnival City, Johannesburg, South Africa
March 21: Rock on the Lawns, Kenilworth Race Course, Cape Town, South Africa
June 16: Firenze Rocks, Visarno Arena, Florence, Italy
July 17: Eject Festival, Plateia Nerou, Athens, Greece
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Cure unveils first touring plans of 2019 with first-ever concerts in South Africa
- The Cure closes Robert Smith’s Meltdown by going ‘there to here and back again’ — hear the full set
- Robert Smith to play Meltdown with ‘curious friends,’ says he’s working on new music
- The Cure to mark 40th anniversary with new documentary: ‘Robert himself will tell the story’
- The Cure to play giant 40th anniversary concert in London’s Hyde Park next year
- The absolute best of The Cure: All 225 songs ranked by Slicing Up Eyeballs’ readers