Director Tim Pope’s concert film “The Cure: Anniversary 1978-2018 Live in Hyde Park London” arrives in theaters worldwide next month, and you can now get an early glimpse of the full performance of 1989 single “Lovesong.”
The film will be screened in theaters on July 11, and tickets are now available at thecure.film.
Pope, the band’s longtime music-video director, filmed The Cure’s 40th anniversary concert last July 7 at London’s Hyde Park. The film captures the performance “in glorious 4K,” with a 5.1 Surround audio mix by frontman Robert Smith and Paul Corkett.
Watch the “Lovesong” performance below.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Watch: The Cure plays an epic ‘Disintegration’ in full, plus rarities, via Sydney webcast
- The Cure to play 2-weekend Austin City Limits Music Festival in Texas this October
- Listen: The Cure’s Robert Smith re-records ‘Pictures of You’ for ‘Dead Good’ documentary
- The Cure at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: Watch the induction, see the performances
- The absolute best of The Cure: All 225 songs ranked by Slicing Up Eyeballs’ readers