The Pet Shop Boys will release their 14th studio album in January, a 10-song collection called Hotspot that will include the recently released dance track “Dreamland” — featuring Olly Alexander of the UK synthpop outfit Years & Years — as well as the new single “Burning the Heather,” which includes an assist from former Suede guitarist Bernard Butler.
The album, recorded mostly at Hansa Studios in Berlin, is due out Jan. 24 on X2 Records/Kobalt. It can be pre-ordered now via Amazon.com and other retailers.
The album is being characterized as the third installment in a trilogy of Pet Shop Boys records produced by Stuart Price, following 2013’s Electric and 2016’s Super.
PSB’s Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe say:
“We’ve written much of our music over the last 10 years in Berlin and it was an exciting experience to work on this album in the legendary Hansa studios there and add a new dimension to our sound.”
Below, check out the album’s tracklist and artwork — and hear the ballad “Burning the Heather.”
Pet Shop Boys, Hotspot
2. “You Are the One”
3. “Happy People”
4. “Dreamland” (Featuring Years & Years)
5. “Hoping for a <iracle”
6. “I Don’t Wanna”
7. “Monkey Business”
8. “Only the Dark”
9. “Burning the Heather”
10. “Wedding in Berlin”
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Pet Shop Boys debut new single ‘Dreamland’ — full album, greatest hits tour due in 2020
- Pet Shop Boys announce 7 new U.S. dates around Coachella appearances in April
- Video: Pet Shop Boys, ‘Thursday’ featuring Example — next single off ‘Electric’
- Pet Shop Boys announce first North American tour in 4 years, debut ‘Axis’ video
- Pet Shop Boys to release new album ‘Electric’ in June — watch club-ready video preview
- Pet Shop Boys reveal ‘Elysium’ cover art, tracklist, worldwide release dates
Something to look forward to when 2020 start. Enjoying the B-sides to Dreamland “An Open Mind” is great classic track. For a band that is going 30 Plus years they are putting out some of their best music.
Just curios — any sign of the results of the songs of 1985 poll?
Always nice to start a new year with a new PSB album. Looking forward to the new album and the next US tour.