No stranger to Record Store Day exclusives, The Cure will participate this year by issuing 40th and 20th anniversary editions, respectively, of Seventeen Seconds and Bloodflowers. Both will be 12-inch vinyl picture discs, with download cards, and available in both the U.S. and U.K.
It is the first time each album has been released as a picture disc. Seventeen Seconds is a single LP, but Bloodflowers‘ 10 songs will be spread out over two LPs, according to product listings.
Now in its 12th year, Record Store Day falls on
April 18 June 20 (delayed by coronavirus) this year. Head over to the recordstoreday.com and recordstoreday.co.uk websites to see full lists of exclusive, limited-run and “RSD First” releases along with participating record stores in the U.S. and the U.K., respectively.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Tones on Tail’s album ‘Pop’ to be reissued on vinyl for first time on Record Store Day
- Wire to release ‘10:20’ — album of outtakes from 2010 and 2020 — on Record Store Day
- Pretenders’ ‘Live! At the Paradise Theater’ promo live LP to get Record Store Day release
- The Replacements’ ‘Complete Inconcerated Live’ gets 3LP Record Store Day release
- Galaxie 500’s ‘Copenhagen’ live album to receive 2LP vinyl reissue for Record Store Day
- New Order to release ‘The John Peel Session 1982’ EP on vinyl for Record Store Day
- The The to release new single ‘I WANT 2 B U’ for Record Store Day — listen to preview
Anybody distribute the stickers in the UK (that’s in England, isn’t it . . ) yet?