Beggars Banquet will reissue the lone studio album from Bauhaus offshoot Tones on Tail — 1984’s nine-song set Pop — for the first time ever on Record Store Day, packing the album in a new sleeve featuring revised artwork and silver foil text.
The black-vinyl reissue of Pop from Tones on Tail — Bauhaus (and future Love and Rockets) members Daniel Ash and Kevin Haskins along with Glenn Campling — will be available only at participating independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada; it won’t be sold in the U.K. The audio was cut from the original analog master, according to Beggars Banquet.
Now in its 12th year, Record Store Day falls on
April 18 June 20 (delayed by coronavirus) this year. Head over to the recordstoreday.com and recordstoreday.co.uk websites to see full lists of exclusive, limited-run and “RSD First” releases along with participating record stores in the U.S. and the U.K., respectively.
Full tracklist below.
Tones on Tail, Pop
4. “The Never Never (Is Forever)”
1. “Slender Fungus”
2. “Movement Of Fear”
3. “Real Life”
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Replacements’ ‘Complete Inconcerated Live’ gets 3LP Record Store Day release
- Wire to release ‘10:20’ — album of outtakes from 2010 and 2020 — on Record Store Day
- Pretenders’ ‘Live! At the Paradise Theater’ promo live LP to get Record Store Day release
- Galaxie 500’s ‘Copenhagen’ live album to receive 2LP vinyl reissue for Record Store Day
- New Order to release ‘The John Peel Session 1982’ EP on vinyl for Record Store Day
- The Cure to release ‘Seventeen Seconds,’ ‘Bloodflowers’ picture discs on Record Store Day
- The The to release new single ‘I WANT 2 B U’ for Record Store Day — listen to preview