Photo by Mathew Reeves
As they continue to build up toward their first new album in 29 years, The Psychedelic Furs this week premiered the third song off the pandemic-delayed Made of Rain, a dark, swirling rocker called “No-One” that you can hear in its entirety below.
The album, which had been due out next week, will now instead be released on July 31 due to “logistical issues” presented by the coronavirus pandemic, according to the band. The Furs previously released the songs “Don’t Believe” and “You’ll Be Mine” off the upcoming album.
Made of Rain is produced by current Guns N’ Roses member Richard Fortus, who joined Furs principals Richard and Tim Butler in their mid-’90s band Love Spit Love. It can be pre-ordered now via Amazon.com.
The album will be the Furs’ first in nearly three decades, since the 1991 release of World Outside, which spawned the modern-rock radio hit “Until She Comes.” And it’s long been in the works: Butler and his brother Tim, the band’s bassist, have been talking in interviews about recording a new Psychedelic Furs album for at least the last six years.
Below, check out the new song.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Psychedelic Furs push back release of ‘Made of Rain,’ first new album in 29 years
- Cruel World festival moved to September with Morrissey, Bauhaus and more still on board
- The Psychedelic Furs debut ‘You’ll Be Mine’ — second song off first new album in 29 years
- The Psychedelic Furs announce spring U.S. tour in support of new album ‘Made of Rain’
- The Psychedelic Furs announce first new album in 29 years — hear first single ‘Don’t Believe’
I think I may like this one the best out of the new ones-very dark.
Awesome!!! I’m really looking forward to this album!!!
Holy crap! That’s amazing. My most fave of the 3 amazing tunes this far for sure. Well worth the wait, my Furs.
It’s been a long while since OC and will now trek to Seattle to see you when things get straight.