Now less than a month from the release of their 10th album Sun Racket, the Throwing Muses today debut another new song off the album, “Frosting,” accompanied by a stark, black-and-white, snow-speckled music video by director C.K. Sumner. You can watch it below.
The 10-song Sun Racket, the college-rock veterans’ first record in seven years, originally had been due out May 22 on Fire Records, but the label delayed the release to Sept. 4 “given the situation in our industry” brought on by the coronavirus.
The band — singer/guitarist Kristin Hersh, drummer David Narcizo and bassist Bernard Georges — were in the studio making Sun Racket last summer when they played their first shows in five years, a handful of concerts and a slot handpicked by Robert Smith at The Cure’s Pasadena Daydream Festival.
Watch the music video for “Frosting” right here:
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Throwing Muses debut cut-and-pasted video for ‘Dark Blue’ off upcoming ‘Sun Racket’
- Listen: Throwing Muses debut ‘Bo Diddley Bridge’ off upcoming album ‘Sun Racket’
- Release of Throwing Muses’ new album ‘Sun Racket’ delayed until September
- Throwing Muses debut gnarled rocker ‘Dark Blue’ off new album ‘Sun Racket’
- Throwing Muses to release ‘Sun Racket’ — band’s first album in 7 years — in May
- Throwing Muses recording new album, announce first concerts in 5 years
- The Cure enlists Pixies, Deftones, Mogwai, Throwing Muses for Pasadena Daydream Festival