The Pixies are back with a brand new single, the Paz Lenchantin-sung “Hear Me Out” that is accompanied by the western-themed video posted here and will appear as the A-side of a new limited-edition 12-inch single the band is set to release later this month.
The single, pressed on yellow vinyl, is due for release Oct. 16 and can be pre-ordered via the band’s website. The B-side is a cover of the T. Rex song “Mambo Sun.” “Hear Me Out” was recorded during the sessions for the band’s most recent album Beneath the Eyrie, released earlier this year.
Of the song, which Lenchantin co-wrote with Black Francis, the bassist says:
“‘Hear Me Out’ is about things not turning out the way we hoped, but knowing that it’s going to be OK regardless. Black started the melody phrases on an old organ. I loved it right away, so he asked me to take a pass at the lyrics. The song has an evocative melody that inspired the lyrics to come out straight away.”
Hear the full song via its Maximilla Lukacs-directed music video.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Pixies release alternate version of ‘Velouria’ video with far less slo-mo jumping
- Pixies’ third album ‘Bossanova’ to receive 30th anniversary reissue on red vinyl
- Watch: Pixies serve up campy psychedelic-horror video for ‘On Graveyard Hill’
- Pixies announce new album ‘Beneath the Eyrie’ — hear 1st single ‘On Graveyard Hill’
- Pixies expand ‘Head Carrier’ tour with 19 new North American dates this fall
- Pixies unfurl 23-date U.S. tour this spring in support of latest album ‘Head Carrier’
- Pixies’ ‘Doolittle 25’ 3CD reissue to include 21 previously unreleased demos, Peel sessions