Martin Phillipps of The Chills | Photo by Scott Muir
Martin Phillipps recently released a brand-new song by New Zealand’s The Chills — it’s called “You’re Immortal,” and you can stream it below — that comes ahead of an anticipated new album to be released by Fire Records at some point in 2021.
Of the new song, Phillipps says:
“These are unprecedented times but, as usual, the young feel invulnerable and the elders are concerned. The old people (like me) want to feel more involved but they also know that their time of influence has largely passed. So we learn from the young and admire them as they make their own mistakes yet still, hopefully, shape extraordinary history we could not have imagined.”
A new album from The Chills would be the band’s first since 2018’s Snow Bound.
Hear the new song “You’re Immortal” below:
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Chills’ ‘Submarine Bells’ and ‘Soft Bomb’ remastered and reissued on vinyl
- Watch: The Chills play ‘Pink Frost’ and more in on-air set for Seattle’s KEXP
- Listen: The Chills’ Martin Phillipps talks to Rockin’ the Suburbs podcast in 3-part interview
- The Chills to embark on first U.S. tour since 1996 ahead of SXSW next spring
- Watch: The Chills premiere video for ‘Complex’ off upcoming album ‘Snow Bound’
- The Chills to release new album ‘Snow Bound’ in September — hear 2 new songs now