The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this morning unveiled 16 nominees for its Class of 2021, a field that includes Kate Bush, Devo, The Go-Go’s, Tina Turner, Mary J. Blige, New York Dolls, Foo Fighters, Fela Kuti, Rage Against the Machine, Chaka Kahn, Jay-Z and more.
Also on the ballot: Iron Maiden, Carole King, LL Cool J, Todd Rundgren and Dionne Warwick.
The final list of inductees is expected to be announced in May after the Rock Hall’s membership votes. The induction will be held in Cleveland sometime this fall.
Fans can also cast their votes for their favorites, though that only adds a single vote to each of the top five artists in the fan vote, tallied through April 30.
Artists are eligible for nomination into the Rock Hall beginning 25 years after their first release. Kate Bush previously was nominated in 2017, and Devo was nominated in 2018. First-time nominees include The Go-Go’s, Foo Fighters, Iron Maiden, Jay-Z, Carole King, Fela Kuti, and Dionne Warwick.
Here’s the full list of Class of 2021 nominees:
- Mary J. Blige
- Kate Bush
- Foo Fighters
- The Go-Go’s
- Iron Maiden
- Chaka Khan
- Carole King
- Fela Kuti
- LL Cool J
- New York Dolls
- Rage Against the Machine
- Todd Rundgren
- Tina Turner
- Dionne Warwick
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Depeche Mode inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame — watch their acceptance speech
- Nine Inch Nails inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame — watch Trent Reznor’s speech
- Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, Whitney Houston to enter Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- The Cure at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: Watch the induction, see the performances
- The Cure to enter Rock and Roll Hall of Fame alongside Roxy Music, Radiohead and more
- The Cars make Rock and Roll Hall of Fame — but Kate Bush and Depeche Mode snubbed