The Sisters of Mercy’s pandemic-interrupted tour — the band played right up through March 11, 2020 — is now set to resume later this year with a trio of 40th anniversary concerts in London followed by a 14-date run of shows in Europe in September and October.
Andrew Eldritch and the Sisters’ current lineup — Ben Christo, Dylan Smith, Ravey Davey and Doktor Avalanche — are set to return to the road with a performance at the M’era Luna Festival in Germany on August 7-8, followed by the anniversary shows at London’s Roundhouse on Sept. 10, 11 and 12.
The band then plays concerts in the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Italy and Spain between Sept. 19 and Oct. 9. See full itinerary below.
The Sisters of Mercy 2021 tour dates
Aug. 7-8: M’era Luna Festival, Hildesheim, Germany
Sept. 10: The Roundhouse, London, United Kingdom
Sept. 11: The Roundhouse, London, United Kingdom
Sept. 12: The Roundhouse, London, United Kingdom
Sept. 19: Muziekgieterij, Maastricht, Netherlands
Sept. 20: Doornroosje, Nijmegen, Netherlands
Sept. 22: De Oosterpoort, Groningen, Netherlands
Sept. 23: Paard, Den Haag, Netherlands
Sept. 25: Garage Saarbrücken, Saarbrücken, Germany
Sept. 27: Löwensaal, Nürnberg, Germany
Sept. 28: ROXY Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Sept. 30: Batschkapp, Frankfurt, Germany
Oct. 1: Tollhaus, Karlsruhe, Germany
Oct. 3: Salzhaus, Winterthur, Switzerland
Oct. 5: Orion, Ciampino, Italy
Oct. 6: Alcatraz, Milano, Italy
Oct. 8: Razzmatazz, Barcelona, Spain
Oct. 9: La Riviera, Madrid, Spain
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Sisterhood’s long-out-of-print ‘Gift’ to be reissued on CD, vinyl and digital formats
- The Sisters of Mercy expand 2019 tour with European festivals, South American dates
- The Sisters of Mercy announce 2019 tour dates in the U.K., Europe and Australia
- Watch: The Sisters of Mercy play ‘Walk Away’ for first time in 32 years, cover Mission of Burma
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: The Sisters of Mercy’s Andrew Eldritch talks ‘quality control’ — 1993
- The Sisters of Mercy’s ‘Some Girls Wander By Mistake’ to receive 4LP box set reissue
I love Sisters of Mercy.
That being said, I saw them play live in 1999 in Orlando and it was the WORST concert that I have ever been to.