The Sisters of Mercy today doubled the number of rare U.S. shows they’re scheduled to perform in May from two to four, but they’re still only playing in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.
Andrew Eldritch and Co. will now perform a headlining concert at the Brooklyn Bowl in Las Vegas on May 14, the day after their appearance at the sold-out Sick New World Festival.in Vegas.
They’ll follow that, on May 15, with a newly added second show at the Hollywood Palladium, more than a week before their original, sold-out May 23 date at the same Los Angeles venue.
Tickets for the new Vegas show go on sale at 8 p.m. Pacific tonight and tickets for the second (now first) Hollywood concert go on sale at midnight Pacific tonight.
It’s not known whether there will be more U.S. shows. The Sisters haven’t played U.S. dates since 2008. The band’s only other announced shows for 2023 include four concerts in Mexico and South America in June.
See those dates below.
The Sisters of Mercy tour dates
May 13: Sick New World Festival, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
May 14: Brooklyn Bowl, Las Vegas, NV, USA
May 15: Hollywood Palladium, Hollywood, CA, USA
May 23: Hollywood Palladium, Hollywood, CA, USA
June 11: C3 Stage, Guadalajara, Mexico
June 13: Circo Volador, Mexico City, Mexico
June 16: Club Chocolate, Santiago, Chile
June 18: Tokio Marine Hall, Sao Paulo, Brazil
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Sisters of Mercy to play rare U.S. shows; The Sisterhood’s out-of-print “Gift” reissued
- The Sisters of Mercy plot 40th anniversary concerts in London, fall European tour
- Superchunk covers The Sisters of Mercy’s ‘Alice’ for new Halloween single
- The Sisters of Mercy announce 2020 tour dates in the U.K., across Europe
- The Sisterhood’s long-out-of-print ‘Gift’ to be reissued on CD, vinyl and digital formats
- Listen: The Mountain Goats cover ‘Lucretia My Reflection’ by The Sisters of Mercy