The fall run, which includes four nights in London and a pair of shows in Dublin (see full tour dates below), will see the group tackle the 15-track album front-to-back, plus the record’s assorted B-sides.
“We wanted to do something special for Doolittle’s 20th anniversary,” Black Francis said in a news release, “and we thought his was a good opportunity to play all of the songs from that album, something we don’t normally do at a regular gig.”
Dormant since the end of their 2004-2007 reunion, the Pixies re-emerged earlier this month to play a series of European festival dates and several invite-only concerts.
Although American fans are clamoring for dates in this country, so far, the closest thing will be a short summer trek by the band’s frontman, playing both as Black Francis and with Grand Duchy, the grungy synthpop duo he started with wife Violet Clark.
Pixies tour dates:
Oct. 1: Olympia Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
Oct. 2: Olympia Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
Oct. 3: SECC Hall 4, Glasgow, Scotland
Oct. 6: Brixton Academy, London, England
Oct. 7: Brixton Academy, London, England
Oct. 8: Brixton Academy, London, England
Oct. 9: Brixton Academy, London, England
Oct. 11: Jahrhunderhalle, Frankfurt, Germany
Oct. 13: Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, Holland
Oct. 14: Forest National, Brussels, Belgium
Oct. 15: Zenith, Paris, France
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Pixies’ Black Francis plots solo-acoustic shows, Grand Duchy dates this summer
- Pixies roar back to life with Stockholm, Isle of Wight gigs, plus ‘Minotaur’ box set
- Pixies reissuing all of their studio albums in deluxe ‘Minotaur’ box sets
- Pixies add more European festival dates; ‘big annoucement’ due Monday
- Pixies’ Black Francis teams up with wife for Grand Duchy album, warm-up tour
- Pixies reunion back on again; band playing Isle of Wight, European concerts