U2 today announced that its upcoming fan club CD will be titled Artificial Horizon and will feature 13 remixes of the band’s latter-period work by the likes of Trent Rreznor and David Holmes — including some that haven’t been released previously.
Although the band hasn’t yet released the full tracklist, it did reveal, in an e-mail to fans, that the disc will include Reznor’s remix of “Vertigo,” Jacknife Lee’s mix of How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb outtake “Fast Cars,” Holmes’ remix of “Beautiful Day,” in addition to mixes of “Staring at the Sun,” “City of Blinding Lights” and “If God Will Send His Angels.”
Not available in stores, the disc — a sequel of sorts to 1995’s fan-club Melon remix CD — will be sent to fans who sign up for or renew their $50 U2.com membership for 2010. The new remix disc is the latest in a series of exclusive U2.com releases, including ZOO TV Live and Go Home: Live From Slane Castle, Ireland. Subscription details are here.
UPDATE 12/22/09: The full tracklist was posted by U2.com today. The Artificial Horizon CDs will be mailed to subscribers in late January (fans will be e-mailed when it ships).
UPDATE: 3/17/10: U2 is releasing Artificial Horizon on vinyl. Details here.
See full tracklist for U2′s ‘Artificial Horizon’ after the jump…
Tracklist: U2, Artificial Horizon
1. “Elevation” (Influx Mix)
2. “Fast Cars” (Jacknife Lee Mix)
3. “Get On Your Boots” (Fish Out Of Water Mix)*
4. “Vertigo” (Trent Reznor Remix)
5. “Magnificent” (Falke Radio Mix)**
6. “I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight” (Live U2360 Remix)*
7. “Beautiful Day” (David Holmes Remix)
8. “Staring at the Sun” (Monster Truck Remix)
9. “Happiness is a Warm Gun” (Danny Saber Mix)
10. “Get On Your Boots” (Justice Remix)
11. “City Of Blinding Lights” (Hot Chip 2006 Remix)*
12. “If God Will Send His Angels” (Grand Jury Mix)
13. “Staring at the Sun” (Brothers in Rhythm Ambient Mix)**
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Elvis Costello and U2 mash up ‘Pump It Up’ and ‘Get On Your Boots’
- Video: U2 live at the Rose Bowl via YouTube
- U2 tour dates: 360° trek returns to North American stadiums in June and July 2010
- U2’s Rose Bowl concert to be streamed live on YouTube worldwide Sunday
- Video: U2 breaks out ‘Ultraviolet (Light My Way)’ for ‘Saturday Night Live’
- U2 extends 360° Tour into 2010, announces remix CD for U2.com subscribers
- Tracklist: U2’s ‘Unforgettable Fire’ reissue includes unreleased songs, live material
- Video: U2 performs Passengers’ ‘Your Blue Room’ live for first time ever
- ‘U2: The Hype and the Feedback’ conference to take academic look at band
- U2’s Bono and Edge play ‘Unforgettable Fire’ outtake ‘Disappearing Act’ on BBC
- U2 announces ‘The Unforgettable Fire’ reissue box set via plastic shopping bag
- U2 announces first North American dates of colossal 360° World Tour