Steve Wynn this week unveiled four concerts in Spain for his previously announced reunion of The Dream Syndicate this September, a short run of dates this fall meant to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the seminal Paisley Underground act’s debut album The Days of Wine and Roses.
The shows — in Barcelona, Valenica, Madrid and Bilbao, although venues haven’t yet been announced — will feature frontman Wynn, original drummer Dennis Duck, bassist Mark Walton (who joined after 1984′s Medicine Show) and guitarist Jason Victor, who plays in Wynn’s current band, The Miracle Three.
Wynn is billing the reunion as the first full Dream Syndicate shows since 1988, although the band reunited in 1991 for a short performance at a Los Angeles benefit and again in 2006 under the “Steve Wynn & Friends” banner for a show in Santa Monica, Calif.
Wynn has said this fall’s reunion will consist of “a handful of shows” and “very possibly” could include dates beyond the Spanish concerts.
The Dream Syndicate tour dates:
Sept. 21: Barcelona, Spain
Sept. 22: Valenica, Spain
Sept. 25: Madrid, Spain
Sept. 29: Bilbao, Spain
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Dream Syndicate reuniting to mark 30th anniversary of ‘The Days of Wine and Roses’
- Q&A: Dream Syndicate’s Steve Wynn on Baseball Project, ‘Northern Aggression’
- Dream Syndicate’s Steve Wynn to release ‘Northern Aggression’
- Dream Syndicate’s ‘Medicine Show’ includes ‘Not the New Dream Syndicate Album’
- Dream Syndicate reissuing ‘Medicine Show,’ Steve Wynn playing albums live
- Steve Wynn to perform Dream Syndicate’s ‘Medicine Show’ in NY, LA