Having already canceled three concerts this week over Nick Rhodes’ health, Duran Duran tonight scrapped the final three North American dates of its two-year world tour in support of All You Need Is Now — a trek that already suffered significant disruption last year when frontman Simon Le Bon lost his voice and was unable to perform.
According to the band, Rhodes “has been unwell now for over a week,” and “has been experiencing an array of symptoms that doctors believe could be the result of exhaustion.” Doctors advised that he not return to the stage. The band already canceled shows in Atlantic City, Pittsburgh, Kettering, Ohio, and the Chicago area, and tonight pulled the plug on concerts on the final two shows in Ontario, Canada.
According to a statement, “The band are devastated that what has been a triumphant tour for them, with many highlights, has ended this way – and know that the fans will be as disappointed as they are. Nick held out all week, hoping that he would be well enough to perform again for these final few shows, but unfortunately the medical advice he has been given today requires him to continue to rest.”
Ticketholders are advised to seek refunds as the concerts will not be rescheduled.
Duran Duran tour dates:
Aug. 25: Revel Ovation Hall, Atlantic City, NJ
Aug. 26: Stage AE, Pittsburgh, PA
Aug. 28: Fraze Pavilion, Kettering, OH
Aug. 29: Ravina Festival, Highland Park, IL
Aug. 31: Casino Rama Entertainment Center, Orilla, ON
Sept. 1: Casino Rama Entertainment Center, Orilla, ON
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Duran Duran’s ’80s output compiled on new 2CD collection ‘The Biggest and the Best’
- Duran Duran reveals tracklist, cover art for ‘A Diamond in the Mind’ live CD/DVD/Blu-ray
- Video: Trailer for Duran Duran’s ‘A Diamond in the Mind’ — live DVD, CD due this summer
- Duran Duran to follow South American, European concerts with U.S. tour this August
- Free MP3: Duran Duran, ‘Other People’s Lives’ (Night Version)
- Download: Full Duran Duran concert recorded at RDS Radio in Rome, Italy