Paul Weller today unveiled details for the upcoming 30th anniversary box set of The Jam’s chart-topping 1982 album The Gift, revealing that the 3CD/1DVD “super deluxe edition” will include a 23-track live recording of a December 1982 concert from Wembley Arena and 13 previously unreleased demos and alternate tracks.
The reissue, first announced over the summer, will be released Nov. 19, and also will be available in a stripped-down 2CD deluxe edition. Although Weller did not reveal a full tracklist, he did offer up new details on the set, which will also include a 72-page hardback book with photos, magazine cuttings, fan memorabilia and new interviews with Weller and producer Peter Wilson.
A full tracklist has not been announced, but the set — now available for pre-order — will include:
DISC 1: Original album remastered
- 10 singles/b-sides from the period, up to the split.
DISC 2: Bonus tracks
- 15 demos and alternate tracks, 13 previously unreleased, remastered
DISC 3: Live at Wembley December 1982
- 23 tracks, complete concert from the last ever Jam tour (previously unreleased), remastered
DISC 4: DVD compilation
- Promo clips: “Town Called Malice,” “Precious,” “The Bitterest Pill”
- Trans-Global Unity Express tour – live tracks from Birmingham show: “Town Called Malice,” “Carnation,” “Precious,” “Ghosts,” “Move On Up,” “Private Hell,” “Pretty Green,” “Trans-Global Express,” “The Gift”
- Danish TV special (DR) The Gift album live in small studio with audience
- Top Of The Pops – 1982 – “Town Called Malice,” Precious”
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Paul Weller announces Los Angeles concert, ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ appearance in October
- The Jam’s ‘The Gift’ to be reissued in 30th anniversary box set — submit your photos
- Video: Paul Weller plays ‘The Attic,’ ‘Kling I Klang’ on ‘Later… with Jools Holland’
- Video: Paul Weller plays ‘That Dangerous Age,’ ‘The Attic’ on Jonathan Ross
- Paul Weller debuts NSFW ‘Dragonfly’ video — off forthcoming ‘Sonik Kicks’ album
- The Jam’s ‘Sound Affects: Deluxe Edition’ to feature 8 previously unreleased tracks
- Video: The Jam’s Paul Weller, Bruce Foxton reunite on stage; first time since 1982