As he ramps up for the release of his new solo album early next year, Johnny Marr has been appearing on U.K. radio programs, most recently recording a session for Dermot O’Leary’s show on BBC Radio 2 earlier this week that aired today. The 20-minute session featured an interview in addition to performances of “New Town Velocity,” off the upcoming The Messenger, and a take on The Smiths’ classic “Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want” — which you can stream right here (via morrissey-solo.com).
If you’re in the U.K., you should be able to stream the whole session via the BBC.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Johnny Marr, ‘The Messenger’ — first track off Smiths guitarist’s new solo record
- Johnny Marr of The Smiths to release solo debut ‘The Messenger’ in February
- Johnny Marr to help Dinosaur Jr celebrate 25th anniversary of ‘You’re Living All Over Me’
- Reps for Morrissey, Johnny Marr shoot down rumors of The Smiths reunion — again
- New biography ‘A Light That Never Goes Out’ promises ‘complete story’ of The Smiths
- Video: Johnny Marr, Alison Moyet, Nile Rodgers play The Smiths at Montreux Jazz
- Johnny Marr: ‘Once again, rumors of a Smiths reunion are untrue. It’s not happening’