Bad Lieutenant, Bernard Sumner’s just-launched New Order spinoff, will make it U.S. debut this fall with headlining concerts in New York and Chicago — in addition to a slot opening for the Pixies in the Big Apple — as it plans a full North American tour for 2010.
The band — Sumner, late-era New Order guitarist Phil Cunningham and singer-guitarist Jake Evans, plus New Order drummer Stephen Morris and bassist Tom Chapman — today announced it will play Park West in Chicago on Nov. 18 and Webster Hall in New York City on Nov. 21. Bad Lieutenant’s publicist also confirms the group will open for one of the Pixies’ four New York concerts in late November, but didn’t say which one.
Tickets go on sale noon Friday for the New York concert and 10 a.m. Saturday for the Chicago show, both through Ticketmaster.
Bad Lieutenant last week released its debut, Never Cry Another Tear, digitally through Amazon.com; the CD will be sold exclusively through Amazon beginning Tuesday, then will be available at all other outlets beginning Nov. 10.
See full tour dates after the jump…
Bad Lieutenant tour dates:
Oct. 20: Brighton Digital, Brighton, UK
Oct. 21: London Heaven, London, UK
Oct. 22: Manchester Ritz, Manchester, UK
Nov. 4: Festival des Inrocks, Paris, France
Nov. 18: Park West, Chicago, IL
Nov. 21: Webster Hall, New York, NY
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Bernard Sumner’s Bad Lieutenant to open for the Pixies during New York ‘Doolittle’ concerts
- Video: New Order spinoff Bad Lieutenant’s debut single ‘Sink or Swim’
- Quick Spins: Big Audio Dynamite, Bad Lieutenant, The Cult, Sonic Youth
- New Order spinoff Bad Lieutenant posts debut single ‘Sink or Swim’ on MySpace
- New Order’s botched CD reissues finally to be re-reissued by Rhino Records in August
- New Order spinoff Bad Lieutenant announces debut album ‘Never Cry Another Tear’
- New Order members recruit Blur’s Alex James for Bad Lieutenant project