Turns out the reunion won’t just be about looking backward: Mick Jones and Co. “have plans in the works for a new Big Audio Dynamite album,” according to a news release e-mailed late Monday by Sony Music promoting the band’s three upcoming U.S. performances. No other details of the project are known, although the news release also reveals the band — Jones, filmmaker/DJ Don Letts, keyboardist Dan Donovan, drummer Greg Roberts and bassist Leo ‘E. Zee Kill’ Williams — also is working on “newly-curated Legacy Editions of classic BAD albums.” Last year, Sony released a 2CD Legacy Edition of 1985 debut This is Big Audio Dynamite.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Big Audio Dynamite to play Los Angeles, New York around Coachella appearance
- Big Audio Dynamite sets 9-date U.K. reunion tour in advance of Coachella
- Coachella 2011: Duran Duran, Wire, Suede and reunited Big Audio Dynamite
- Q&A: Drummer Greg Roberts on ‘This Is Big Audio Dynamite’ reissue, band’s legacy
- ‘This Is Big Audio Dynamite’ reissue to include outtake ‘Electric Vandal’