Last week, Jane’s Addiction debuted the first video from its forthcoming album The Great Escape Artist, a somewhat NSFW clip (there’s a naked lady!) for the track “End to the Lies” that was directed by ShadowMachine Films (via ArtistDirect). The album is due out “later this summer,” according to Capitol Records, although Amazon shows an Aug. 23 release date.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Video: Watch 42-minute Jane’s Addiction set from Google I/O afterparty
- Free MP3: Jane’s Addiction, ‘End to the Lies’
- Milestones: Perry Farrell is 52 today; watch Jane’s Addiction live at UCSB in 1989
- Eric Avery calls Jane’s Addiction reunion ‘complicated emotional experience’
- Jane’s Addiction’s final U.S. concert with Eric Avery on ‘Live Voodoo’ DVD, Blu-ray
- Video: Jane’s Addiction debuts new song, ‘Soulmate,’ with Duff McKagan in L.A.
- Bassist Eric Avery quits Jane’s Addiction again, ‘with equal parts regret and relief’
This is awesome. It’s hard to believe that Farrell is still making albums w/Jane’s Addiction – he’s 52 years old now! Can’t wait for the new album!
They *are* aware that people buy music that’s good and not music that’s bad? Just when i thought they couldn’t get any lower than a commercial album like Strays, this comes out- if this is their strongest track from the album, they’re all in trouble.
It also shows how much of a loss Eric Avery was to them, songwriting wise.
re: Eric Avery
Too bad he’s gone again already. Perry seems to have issues with him still if these lyrics are any indication.