Last night, the reunited Big Audio Dynamite returned to the American airwaves with a performance of “Rob Peter Pay Paul” — the original lineup’s first new song in 21 years — on “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon.” You can check that out below via The Audio Perv, as well as a web-exclusive performance of the classic “E=MC².”
The band also played a show in Brooklyn later that night as part of its short U.S. tour; our friends over at Fucking Nostalgic were at the gig, and posted some great photos and a write-up of BAD and opener HR of Bad Brains (including the shot posted above).
Big Audio Dynamite, “Rob Peter Pay Paul”
Big Audio Dynamite, “E=MC²”
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Big Audio Dynamite plots U.S. club tour around Lollapalooza, Outside Lands
- Big Audio Dynamite reissuing ‘No. 10, Upping St.,’ returning to U.S. this summer
- Video: Watch Big Audio Dynamite’s complete Coachella festival performance
- Video: Big Audio Dynamite reunites original lineup for first gig in 22 years
- Q&A: Drummer Greg Roberts on ‘This Is Big Audio Dynamite’ reissue, band’s legacy
I thought the reunion tour featured the original lineup, but it looks like Dan Donovan has been replaced by a geetar player?
Yeah, Donovan left the band at some point this summer and they’ve never said anything about it, as far as I can tell. But they even started cropping him out of their publicity photos.
Davo is the replacement guitarist, long time guitar tech for Mick Jones
I knew something was up! I could’ve sworn there was someone different at the Roseland show. I find it hilarious that they crop him out of photos…