Bob Mould will follow his first-ever performance of Sugar’s 1992 debut Copper Blue at San Francisco’s Noise Pop festival later this month with a trio of European dates — in the U.K., Belgium and Finland — this June, he announced today.
Mould and his band — Superchunk drummer Jon Wurster and Jason Narducy, formerly of Telekinesis, on bass — will play Copper Blue on Feb. 24 at San Francisco’s tiny Bottom of the Hill club, followed by June dates in London, Brussels and Helskini.
In November, Mould announced that he would celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Sugar debut this year by performing it at a “very limited” number of concerts.
It’s not clear how many more dates will be lined up.
Tour dates: Bob Mould Plays Copper Blue
Feb. 24: Noise Pop, Bottom of the Hill, San Francisco, CA, USA
June 1: Shepherd’s Bush Empire, London, UK
June 3: AB, Brussels, Belgium
June 6: Tavasita, Helsinki, Finland
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Bob Mould to perform Sugar’s ‘Copper Blue’ at San Francisco’s Noise Pop festival
- Video: Bob Mould discusses, performs Sugar’s ‘Hoover Dam’ for The A.V. Club
- Bob Mould to perform Sugar’s ‘Copper Blue’ on ‘very limited’ 20th anniversary tour
- Bob Mould sets fall ‘See a Little Light’ book tour with ‘reading and music’ performances
- Video: Bob Mould ‘covers’ Sugar’s ‘If I Can’t Change Your Mind’ for The A.V. Club
- Bob Mould on ‘Sound Opinions’ radio show this week to talk ‘See a Little Light’ biography
- Video: Bob Mould plays ‘If I Can’t Change Your Mind’ with The Roots on Jimmy Fallon
- Bob Mould sets ‘See A Little Light’ book tour, reissuing Sugar’s ‘Copper Blue’ on vinyl
- Bob Mould autobiography ‘See a Little Light: The Trail of Rage and Melody’ due