Reunited British indie-pop combo The Primitives just announced they’re releasing a new covers album in April, and now they get the cover treatment as Belle and Sebastian give their classic 1988 single “Crash” a leisurely makeover. The newly recorded cover, which The Guardian premiered today and can be streamed below along with the original version’s music video, will appear on the Belle and Sebastian’s second hand-picked Late Night Tales mix CD, which is due out March 26 in the U.K.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Primitives releasing ‘Echoes & Rhymes’ — a ‘concept covers album’ — in April
- Video: The Primitives, ‘The Witch’ — off new album of ‘semi obscure’ ’60s covers
- Free MP3: The Primitives, ‘Need All the Help I Can Get,’ off new EP
- Video: The Primitives, ‘Rattle My Cage,’ off ‘Never Kill a Secret’ EP
- Stream: The Primitives’ ‘Never Kill a Secret’ — first new music in 20 years
- The Primitives extend reunion, hint at U.S. dates this fall
- Video: The Primitives playing ‘Crash’ at first reunion concert
B&S took out all the interesting elements and replaced them with … nothing. “Leisurely” doesn’t work with this song. This should have stayed in the vault.