The Jesus and Mary Chain’s somewhat haphazard touring schedule — with U.S. dates so far announced in June and September — now includes shows in early August, as the Osheaga Music Festival this morning announced the reunited group will play there, and the band itself posted new dates in Buffalo, N.Y., Toronto and Washington, D.C. on its website — and then promptly removed them.
The brothers Reid will join The Black Keys, Snoop Dogg and Justice at the Montreal music festival on Aug. 4. That was one of the dates the Mary Chain announced on its website yesterday, only to remove — presumably to allow the festival itself to make the reveal. The other dates that appeared briefly on the JAMC website: Aug. 2 in Buffalo, N.Y., Aug. 4 in Toronto and Sept. 9 in Washington, D.C. So far, none of those venues have announced those appearances.
In March, the Jesus and Mary Chain played their first concerts in four years in Texas, including a performance at South By Southwest. Now they’ve announced their first-ever appearance in China next month, followed by a short run of West Coast dates in June, plus the newly announced early August concerts and a few September dates.
UPDATE 4/29/12: Dates in Singapore and Hong Kong have been announced, too.
The Jesus and Mary Chain tour dates:
May 19: China Music Valley International Music Festival, Beijing, China
May 23: KITEC, Hong Kong
May 26: Esplanade Concert Hall, Singapore
June 14: The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA, USA
June 15: Hollywood Park, Inglewood, CA, USA
June 16: House of Blues, Las Vegas, NV, USA
June 17: House of Blues, San Diego, CA, USA
Aug. 2: Thursday at the Harbor, Buffalo, NY, USA *
Aug. 3: Phoenix Theatre, Toronto, ON, Canada *
Aug. 4: Osheaga Music Festival, Montreal, QC, Canada
Sept. 5: House of Blues, New Orleans, LA, USA
Sept. 7: Hopscotch Music Festival, Raleigh, N.C., USA
Sept. 9: 9:30 Club, Washington, D.C., USA *
* Announced on JAMC website, then removed
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Jesus and Mary Chain returning to U.S. for new concerts in June, September
- The Jesus and Mary Chain to play China Music Valley festival in Beijing next month
- Video: The Jesus and Mary Chain play first shows in 4 years during brief tour of Texas
- SXSW 2012: Jesus & Mary Chain, Bob Mould, Cult, Wedding Present, Thomas Dolby, dB’s
- The Jesus and Mary Chain chronicled in new photo book with words, lyrics by Jim Reid
- The Jesus and Mary Chain sets short U.S. tour, including SXSW, 35 Denton fests
- Jesus and Mary Chain reissuing all 6 albums this fall in deluxe 2CD/1DVD editions