With Merge Records set to release U.S. editions of Sugar’s catalog reissues next week, the label is teasing the discs with this video of Bob Mould and his band — drummer Jon Wurster and bassist Jason Narducy — tearing through Copper Blue standout “Hoover Dam” at San Francisco’s NoisePop festival back in February. The Merge reissues are out Tuesday (see full details here), and follow Demon Music Group’s European reissues, which featured more bonus material than their American counterparts.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Bob Mould announces new album ‘Silver Age,’ will play ‘Copper Blue’ on U.S. tour
- Merge to reissue Bob Mould’s Sugar catalog in U.S. — download 3 free live MP3s
- Bob Mould: Triple-disc reissue, ‘Copper Blue’ in Milwaukee, Amendment One protest gig
- Sugar’s ‘Copper Blue,’ ‘Beaster,’ ‘File Under: Easy Listening’ set for multi-disc reissues
- Bob Mould to perform Sugar’s ‘Copper Blue’ on ‘very limited’ 20th anniversary tour