Former Bauhaus frontman Peter Murphy returns to Los Angeles this Friday for his third show there this year when he headlines the “Stan Lee’s In Parties” kickoff concert for this weekend’s Comikaze comic-book, sci-fi and fantasy fest, an event at Club Nokia that will be hosted by the comic book legend himself and Elvira, Mistress of the Dark.
Murphy is slated to perform at the show with opening band The Dark at 8 p.m. Friday, and it’s being billed as “featuring a very special surprise duet.” Tickets are available now.
Friday’s show will be Murphy’s third in the L.A. region this year, after performing in Santa Ana in March and Hollywood last month — and it won’t be his last. Murphy has announced he’ll perform another “Miracula” event at Halloween somewhere in Los Angeles. Details have not yet been announced, but the first such event consisted of a $4,000 all-inclusive weekend in Las Vegas.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Peter Murphy announces ‘final run’ of ‘Ninth’ tour dates in western U.S., New York
- Peter Murphy to play China festival before short South American tour this June
- Peter Murphy adds 3 California shows to short March tour of western U.S., Mexico
- Dalis Car ‘InGladAloneness’ EP — featuring Peter Murphy, Mick Karn — out in April
- Peter Murphy to play Festival 72810 in Mexico, one-off California club gig in March
- Peter Murphy’s ‘Miracula Sessions’: Bid on an all-inclusive, $4,000 weekend in Las Vegas
- Q&A: Peter Murphy on ‘Ninth,’ the break-up of Bauhaus, reuniting Dalis Car with Mick Karn