Talking Heads spinoff Tom Tom Club — husband-and-wife rhythm section Tina Weymouth and Chris Frantz — today premiered the music video for “Downtown Rockers,” the title track of their just-released new EP, the duo’s first new release in a dozen years.
You can check out the clip above via Rolling Stone, and watch for assorted historical cameos by CBGB’s-era bands name-checked in the song (it appears there’s even a fleeting shot of David Byrne). Plus, Debbie Harry and Richard Hell stopped by for actual in-person cameos.
You can also still stream the entire Downtown Rockers EP.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Stream: Tom Tom Club, ‘Downtown Rockers’ EP — first new release in 12 years
- Tom Tom Club releasing ‘Downtown Rockers’ EP — ‘a sort of ode to CBGB’ — in September
- Read the first 23 pages of Jonathan Lethem’s 33⅓ book on Talking Heads’ ‘Fear of Music’
- Talking Heads ‘Chronology’ DVD to feature live performances from 1975-1983, 2002
- Tom Tom Club preps ‘Genius of Live’ CD, sets first U.S. tour in decade
- Tom Tom Club’s ‘Close to the Bone’ album comes to CD for first time
Love the cameos. I love the Tom Tom Club too, but this song is a little on the repetitive side. All the other tracks on the EP I love!
I agree, lists set to a beat generally don’t make for memorable music. Suboceana is still one of their best though.
Love that track. Wish I could have seen them in Pittsburgh last week. Saw DEVO and Blondie instead, so I guess I shouldn’t complain.