The launch of Depeche Mode’s new album Delta Machine just moved up a two weeks, with Thursday’s announcement that synthpop legends will kick off the 2013 season of the “Live on Letterman” concert series by performing material from the new album plus classic at New York’s Ed Sullivan Theater on March 11.
The band’s concert, at 8 p.m. EST, will be webcast on CBS.com and VEVO — and shown live on the on CBS’s JumboTron screen in Times Square. That night, Depeche Mode also will perform “Heaven” on “The Late Show with David Letterman.”
The band is giving away tickets to taping:
To win tickets to the Live on Letterman taping, tell us what your interpretation is of the title of the upcoming album, Delta Machine. Submit your answers — along with your full name, age and location — to LettermanTix@depechemode.com for a chance to see the band “Live on Letterman” at the Ed Sullivan Theater in New York City on March 11, 2013. Entries must be received by 12pm noon EST on March 6. Winners will be randomly selected from the eligible entries and will be contacted via email on March 8, 2012. Winners must be 18 years of age or older to attend (ID will be required). Please note that the contest is only for tickets to the show. Good luck!
Delta Machine is due out March 26.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Depeche Mode to debut ‘Delta Machine’ songs with free album-release show in Vienna
- Video: Depeche Mode, ‘Heaven’ — first single off forthcoming ‘Delta Machine’
- Depeche Mode’s ‘Delta Machine’ set for March 26 release — ‘Heaven’ single debuts Feb. 1
- Depeche Mode expected to release ‘Heaven’ — first single off new album — on Feb. 5
- Video: Depeche Mode shares rare footage of 1990 ‘Violator’ show at Dodger Stadium