The Cure has been no stranger to special Record Store Day releases — last year saw an expanded Entreat, plus reissues of the band’s first six albums in the U.K. — and this year’s no different, with an individually numbered, red-vinyl reissue of 1987’s Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me due out next month, according to Wax Poetic, which tracks Record Store Day exclusives.
Fans also will be interested in a blue-vinyl pressing of The Glove’s Blue Sunshine for Record Store Day.
This year’s Record Store Day falls on April 20, and while the full list of exclusives has not yet been posted, the blog Wax Poetic — as it does every year — has amassed an impressive list of confirmed U.S. releases. Among this year’s U.S. and/or U.K. titles are releases from The Jesus and Mary Chain, Echo & The Bunnymen, Hüsker Dü, Robyn Hitchcock, Paul Weller, Wire and Duran Duran (see links below).
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Orange Juice’s 4 original studio albums to be reissued on vinyl for Record Store Day
- Joy Division, New Order, Happy Mondays on Factory Records 10-inch for Record Store Day
- The Glove’s ‘Blue Sunshine’ to be reissued as 2LP set on blue vinyl for Record Store Day
- Jesus and Mary Chain’s ‘Psychocandy’ reissued on ‘paint splatter’ vinyl for Record Store Day
- Echo & The Bunnymen’s ‘Crocodiles’ to be reissued on red vinyl for Record Store Day
- Duran Duran preps blue ‘Is There Something I Should Know?’ 7-inch for Record Store Day
- Hüsker Dü, Robyn Hitchcock, Paul Weller, Wire prep vinyl releases for Record Store Day
- Steven Severin hints at something new from The Glove coming ‘for collectors’ in April
The JMC reissue is fucking UK only….bullshit
I was a little pissed about that, too.