Following last year’s short run of shows in Spain, The Dream Syndicate continues its reunion this year with more European concerts and a festival appearance in Massachusetts that the band is billing as its only U.S. show of 2013. But now talk has turned to whether the band will make a new album, the group’s first 1988’s Ghost Stories.
“We’ve been talking about it. Like I said before, what we are thinking about right now are the upcoming shows in Europe and the show at Solid Sound and then probably after that summer we’ll think about what to do next. I think we are having a really good time playing together and the music is really good so I’m sure we’ll do more. There would be no reason not to. I would love to do a new record, I would love to do The Dream Syndicate album and I think it would be really good but we’ll decide that after June.”
The band — Wynn, original drummer Dennis Duck, bassist Mark Walton (who joined after 1984′s Medicine Show) and guitarist Jason Victor, who plays in Wynn’s current band, The Miracle Three — currently are scheduled to play nine European dates in May and June, followed by a slot at Wilco’s Solid Sound festival in North Adams, Mass., on June 22.
Read the full interview with Wynn about the Dream Syndicate’s reunion and future plans at the link below.
The Dream Syndicate tour dates:
May 23: Het Depot, Leuven, Belgium
May 24: Dingwalls, London, UK
May 25: Rockefeller Music Hall, Oslo, Norway
May 26: Stadtgarten, Cologne, Germany
May 28: Hana Bi, Ravenna, Italy
May 29: Bloom Club, Mezzago, Italy
May 30: Mylos, Salonica, Greece
May 31: Stage Club, Larissa, Greece
June 1: Gagarin 205 Live Music Space, Athens, Greece
June 22: Solid Sound Festival, North Adams, MA
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Dream Syndicate to play ‘first U.S. show since 1988’ at Wilco’s Solid Sound festival
- Video: The Dream Syndicate reunites for 30th anniversary concerts in Spain
- The Dream Syndicate reuniting to mark 30th anniversary of ‘The Days of Wine and Roses’
- Q&A: Dream Syndicate’s Steve Wynn on Baseball Project, ‘Northern Aggression’
- Dream Syndicate’s Steve Wynn to release ‘Northern Aggression’
- Dream Syndicate’s ‘Medicine Show’ includes ‘Not the New Dream Syndicate Album’
- Dream Syndicate reissuing ‘Medicine Show,’ Steve Wynn playing albums live
- Steve Wynn to perform Dream Syndicate’s ‘Medicine Show’ in NY, LA