Fresh off the first of the band’s two appearances at the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival this weekend, New Order has begun rolling out U.S. tour dates in late July — including shows in Austin, Brooklyn, Philadelphia and Boston — leading up to the band’s appearance at the Lollapalooza festival in Chicago.
The band has yet to make an official announcement, but ticketing and venue sites confirm New Order will play at least five U.S. concerts in late July, hitting Austin, Texas, Brooklyn, N.Y., Philadelphia, Columbia, Md., and Boston with opener Holy Ghost! between July 24 and July 31. The band plays both Lollapalooza and the Osheaga Festival in Montreal the weekend of Aug. 2-4.
It’s not clear how many U.S. dates New Order has planned this summer.
UPDATE: New Order has now announced the tour, adding one more date, in Atlanta, to the shows we reported earlier today.
New Order North American tour dates:
April 18: Santa Barbara Bowl, Santa Barbara, CA (with Johnny Marr)
April 20: Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival, Indio, CA
July 19: Austin Music Hall, Austin, TX
July 21: Chastain Park Amphitheatre, Atlanta, GA
July 24: Williamsburg Park, Brooklyn, NY (with Holy Ghost!)
July 26: The Mann Center, Philadelphia, PA (with Holy Ghost!)
July 28: Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD (with Holy Ghost!)
July 31: Bank of America Pavilion, Boston, MA (with Holy Ghost!)
Aug. 2: Lollapalooza, Chicago, IL
Aug. 2-4: Osheaga Festival, Montreal, Quebec
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: New Order play ‘Perfect Kiss,’ ‘Crystal’ at Coachella — via official webcast
- It’s official: The Cure, New Order, Nine Inch Nails set for Lollapalooza 2013
- Stream: New Order, ‘Blue Monday’ — John Digweed & Nick Muir 30th anniversary remix
- New Order’s ‘Blue Monday’ turns 30 today — an audiovisual retrospective, 1983-2013
- Joy Division, New Order, Happy Mondays on Factory Records 10-inch for Record Store Day
- Video: Bernard Sumner joins The Killers to play New Order’s ‘Crystal’ in Manchester