Barcelona’s Primavera Sound 2013 festival is underway this weekend in Spain, and one of Friday’s highlights was an appearance by The Jesus and Mary Chain, who, as you can see from the video posted below (via fpapadim), brought My Bloody Valentine singer/guitarist Bilinda Butcher up on stage to sing backing vocals on the classic “Just Like Honey” — a role often reserved for actresses like Scarlett Johansson or “Mad Men” star Jessica Paré.
The full JAMC set was webcast by the festival, and should some kind soul upload a full rip of that to YouTube, we’ll share that, too. MBV plays Primavera today, but their set is not being webcast.
The Jesus and Mary Chain f/ MBV’s Bilinda Butcher, “Just Like Honey”
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Primavera Sound webcast: Watch Jesus and Mary Chain, Dinosaur Jr, Dead Can Dance
- The Jesus and Mary Chain to headline Canada’s Sled Island festival this summer
- The Jesus and Mary Chain’s ‘Psychocandy’ reissued on ‘paint splatter’ vinyl for Record Store Day
- The Jesus and Mary Chain, Nick Cave, My Bloody Valentine, Blur headlining Primavera Sound
- Video: ‘Mad Men’ star Jessica Paré duets with The Jesus and Mary Chain in Buffalo, Toronto
Nice! Is there anymore of the set online? I’d love to see more.
Great! The whole set went off wonderfully. The JAMC were killing it that night.