Morrissey long has been coy about his sexuality, which is why the publication of his autobiography this past week generated a flurry of headlines about its revelation of a relationship with another man during the 1990s — reports that apparently have led the former Smiths frontman to proclaim he’s not gay, but, rather, “humasexual.”
In a statement provided to fan site True To You today, the singer proclaims: “Unfortunately, I am not homosexual. In technical fact, I am humasexual. I am attracted to humans. But, of course … not many.”
Morrissey’s autobiography, entitled, naturally, “Autobiography,” was published this week in Europe by Penguin Classics (there is no American publisher as of yet). Moz himself traveled to Sweden to for a single book-signing event, video from which can be seen below.
19 October 2013
“Unfortunately, I am not homosexual. In technical fact, I am humasexual. I am attracted to humans. But, of course … not many”.
– MORRISSEY, Sweden, 19 October 2013.
Video: Morrissey book signing event in Sweden
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Morrissey ‘delighted’ by ‘This Charming Charlie,’ says he wasn’t behind takedown attempt
- Update: Morrissey now says ‘Autobiography’ will be published in Europe, but not U.S.
- Morrissey cancels remainder of South American tour… and threatens retirement?
- Felled by penne pasta, Morrissey admits ‘humiliation and mortification’ over South American tour
- ‘Morrissey 25: Live’ concert DVD to receive ‘worldwide cinema release’ in August