In conjunction with the release this month of the 25th anniversary reissue of the Pixies’ classic second album Doolittle, the 4AD label has produced a 30-minute promotional film in which guitarist Joey Santiago and drummer David Lowering reflect back on the making of the record. The short film, which you can see below, also features appearances by producer Gil Norton and Vaughan Oliver, who designed the artwork.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Pixies’ ‘Doolittle 25’ 3CD reissue to include 21 previously unreleased demos, Peel sessions
- Pixies release new album ‘Indie Cindy’ on cassette in cassingle-style sleeve
- Pixies sneak surprise 7-inch into Record Store Day release of ‘Indie Cindy’
- Pixies’ Black Francis co-authors novel ‘The Good Inn,’ will appear at Brooklyn book launch
- Pixies announce ‘Indie Cindy’ album — first new full-length since 1991′s ‘Trompe le Monde’
- Pixies introduce A Perfect Circle’s Paz Lenchantin as band’s new touring bassist
I wish they had released a video of the “Doolittle” tour from 5 years ago. The visuals were great and the setlist impressive (Doolittle B-Sides/Doolittle/encore).