The Church, at work on a follow-up to 2014’s Further/Deeper, have released a new song called “Another Century” ahead of the band’s return to the U.S. later this month for a short run of concerts in the eastern half of the country, including a slot at Milwaukee’s Summerfest.
The new album it not yet titled, according to the band’s reps, and full details, along with future touring plans, “will be announced shortly.” The song was produced by the band along with Ted Howard.
Of the new track, singer/bassist Steve Kilbey says in a statement announcing its release:
“’Another Century’ is a romantic melodic stab of omnichord and guitars and quite unlike any past Church song. “The lyrics fell out of the sky very quickly and the music is dreamy and evocative of past futures.”
The Church’s previously announced tour opens June 28 in Ann Arbor, Mich., and includes shows in Cincinnati, Nashville, Chicago, Richmond, Va., and Ardmore, Pa., before wrapping up July 8 at Daryl’s House, the venue run by Daryl Hall in Pawling, N.Y.
The new album will be The Church’s 26th, and second since parting ways with Marty Willson-Piper in 2013.
See full dates, and hear “Another Century,” below.
The Church tour dates:
June 28: The Ark, Ann Arbor, MI
June 29: Summerfest, Milwaukee, WI
June 30: The Woodward, Cincinnati, OH
July 1: City Winery, Nashville, TN
July 3: City Winery, Chicago, IL
July 4: City Winery, Chicago, IL
July 6: The Broadberry, Richmond, VA
July 7: Ardmore Music Hall, Ardmore, PA
July 8: Daryl’s House, Pawling, NY
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Church returns to the U.S. this summer for ‘limited run’ of concerts
- Watch: The Church’s Steve Kilbey covers The Cure classics ‘Pictures of You,’ ‘Love Song’
- The Church releasing new album ‘Further/Deeper’ next month — stream ‘Pride Before a Fall’
- Robyn Hitchcock, The Church’s Steve Kilbey team up for short Australian tour
- The Church’s Steve Kilbey, Greg Dulli of Afghan Whigs double up in L.A. (Setlist, Video)