Matt Johnson continues the slow roll-out of The The’s highly anticipated return to the concert state, announcing four more U.K. concerts this September around the newly resurrected band’s appearance at Festival No. 6. The band is now slated to play 14 shows this year.
The new concerts are set for Sept. 4 and 5 in Glasgow, Sept. 7 in Birmingham and Sept. 9 in Bristol.
Tickets for all four shows go on sale today.
The concerts will be The The’s first in 16 years, and follow the release last year of both a brand-new single, “We Can’t Stop What’s Coming,” featuring Johnny Marr and a three-disc box set chronicling Johnson’s 12-hour radio broadcast a few years back. Johnson had said in 2015 that he was working on a “proper” new The The record, though it’s not clear if that’s still in the works.
See The The’s reunion dates below.
The The tour dates:
May 25: Rescue Rooms, Nottingham, UK
May 26: Rescue Rooms, Nottingham, UK
May 27: Becketts Student Union, Leeds, UK
June 1: Heartland Festival, Egeskov Castle, Denmark
June 2: Münchenbryggeriet, Stockholm, Sweden
June 5: Royal Albert Hall, London, UK
June 6: Brixton Academy, London, UK
June 7: Troxy, London, UK
July 7: Iveagh Gardens, Dublin, Ireland
Sept. 4: Barrowlands, Glasgow, UK
Sept. 5: Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, Glasgow, UK
Sept. 7: Digbeth Arena, Birmingham, UK
Sept. 8: Festival No. 6, Portmeirion, UK
Sept. 9: St. Philip’s Gate Arena, Bristol, UK
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The The expands reunion tour with 3 ‘very low-key’ U.K. warm-up concerts in May
- The The announces new 3-disc ‘Radio Cineola Trilogy’ box set, first concerts in 16 years
- Watch: The The’s emotional new music video for ‘We Can’t Stop What’s Coming’
- Listen: The The, ‘We Can’t Stop What’s Coming’ — first new single in 10 years
- The The re-enlists Johnny Marr on first new single in 10 years for Record Store Day