British publisher Faber Social has announced it will release a new memoir penned by Talking Heads and Tom Tom Club drummer Chris Frantz called “Remain in Love” in the spring of 2020 to coincide with the 40th anniversary that year of the band’s renowned fourth album Remain in Light.
In announcing the book, Faber Social writes:
Talking Heads started in the spring of ’73 with a line of cocaine and a long walk around the Rhode Island School of Design campus. Chris Frantz, Tina Weymouth and David Byrne wanted to play a different kind of music – dance music for smart kids. From a rough loft on Chrystie Street to legendary CBGB, to touring with the Ramones, The Pretenders, B-52’s, The Police, Dire Straits and many others, Talking Heads wrote the soundtrack for the punk and new wave movement. Chris Frantz remembers it all in thrilling detail and proposes a memoir as eclectic – and electrifying – as Talking Heads and Tom Tom Club.
No other details of the project have yet been announced.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Watch: Tina Weymouth, Chris Frantz talk Talking Heads, Tom Tom Club in 2½-hour Tokyo lecture
- Vintage Video: Newly surfaced Talking Heads concert from 1980’s ‘Remain in Light’ tour
- Hear a newly unearthed Talking Heads song from 1976: ‘We call it Theme’
- Video: Tom Tom Club, ‘Kissin’ Antonio’ — second clip from new ‘Downtown Rockers’ EP
- Video: Tom Tom Club, ‘Downtown Rockers’ — with Debbie Harry, Richard Hell cameos
- Vintage Video: Talking Heads live in 1978 — watch 80-minute ‘More Songs’-era set