Ministry is wrapping up its fall tour with concerts last night and tonight in Los Angeles, and has pulled out something of a shocker: Al Jourgensen brought former bandmate Chris Connelly and Jane’s Addiction guitarist Dave Navarro onstage last night to perform legendary club track “(Everyday Is) Halloween” in concert for the first time in more than 30 years.
Now, Jourgensen — who admitted to being “pretty high” — introduced “Halloween” by saying, “I’ve never done this song onstage,” which is not true. “(Everyday Is) Halloween” was released as the B-side to “All Day” in 1984, and Ministry performed the song on tour that year and in 1986. Jourgensen even released a live album, Toronto 1986, that features a recording of the fan favorite.
But it certainly hasn’t been in Ministry’s setlist in decades. Jourgensen dusted the track off in October when he played it acoustically with Navarro on the guitarist’s radio show. That’s the same arrangement — with the crowd chipping in to sing the synth parts — that Jourgensen played last night with Navarro and Connelly, with whom he seemingly buried the hatchet earlier this year.
Watch that rare, acoustic performance of “(Everyday Is) Halloween” below via The Music Revolt.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Watch: Chris Connelly joins Ministry on stage for first time in 15 years to sing ‘So What’
- Listen: Ministry releases (mostly) full show from ‘In Case You Didn’t Feel Like Showing Up’
- Pay $10,000 for Ministry’s new ‘AmeriKKKant’ and Al Jourgensen will remix your song
- Ministry’s ‘Same Old Madness’ finally released on ‘Twelve Inch Singles 1981-1984’ reissue
- Watch Al Jourgensen moonlight as a TV weatherman ahead of new Ministry tour, live album
Wouldn’t that be the coolest thing ever if Jourgensen did a small club tour playing his WaxTrax classics?
He is! http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2019/02/21/ministry-industrial-accident-wax-trax-screenings/
Halloween on Christmas
Yet every day is Halloween
+ With Sympathy.