David Byrne spent much of 2018 on the road with his highly inventive stage performance built around that year’s American Utopia, and now the former Talking Heads frontman will reprise that show during extended runs in Boston and on Broadway in New York City.
Byrne first will stage the show — in which there are no amps or instruments on stage, it’s just a blank slate for Byrne and his 11-piece band — with 18 performances at Boston’s Emerson Colonial Theatre from Sept. 11 through 28. Then he’ll move on to the Hudson Theatre on Broadway, for a 92-performance run between Oct. 4 and Jan. 19, 2020, with the official opening set for Oct. 20.
Tickets for the Boston run can be be purchased at 888-616-0272 or emersoncolonialtheatre.com.
Tickets for the Broadway shows can be purchased at 855-801-5876 or hudsonbroadway.com.
For more information on the show, visit americanutopiabroadway.com.
Below, see photos from last year’s American Utopia tour.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Watch David Byrne induct a band named after a Talking Heads song into the Rock Hall
- Watch: David Byrne breaks out Prince’s ‘When Doves Cry’ at Portland karaoke bar
- Watch: David Byrne brings his untethered band to ‘Late Show with Stephen Colbert’
- Stream: Talking Heads’ early demo of ‘Wild Wild Life’ — single off ‘True Stories’
- Vintage Video: David Byrne’s ‘Between the Teeth’ — watch full 1993 concert film
- David Byrne and St. Vincent stream ‘Love This Giant’ album in full, debut video for ‘Who’