The Throwing Muses will release Sun Racket — their 10th studio album, and the college-rock favorites’ first in seven years — on the Fire Records label this May, bandleader Kristin Hersh announced this week in the latest edition of her newsletter.
The band — Hersh, drummer David Narcizo and bassist Bernard George — were in the studio last year when they played their first shows in five years, a handful of concerts and a slot handpicked by Robert Smith at The Cure’s Pasadena Daydream Festival outside the Rose Bowl in Southern California.
But she does tell fans she’s got a new memoir — “Live Donuts, Bait,” which “picks up a few years after (2010 memoir) ‘Rat Girl’ left off” — in the editing phase. Publication date TBA.
In the meantime, Hersh is touring the U.S. this month with John Doe and Grant-Lee Phillips, reprising their Exile Follies show, with dates through Valentine’s Day. She’ll then appear with her trio featuring former Muses bassist Fred Abong and Rob Ahlers at South By Southwest in Austin, Texas, in March.
See those dates below.
Kristin Hersh tour dates
Feb. 4: City Winery, Washington, D.C.
Feb. 5: City Winery, Philadelphia, PA
Feb. 6: Cutting Room, New York, NY
Feb. 7: City Winery, Boston, MA
Feb. 8: South Orange Performing Arts Center, South Orange, NJ
Feb. 9: Club Cafe, Pittsburgh, PA
Feb. 11: The Ark, Ann Arbor, MI
Feb. 12: Music Box Supper Club, Cleveland, OH
Feb. 13: Listening Room, Grand Rapids, MI
Feb. 14: Old Town School of Folk Music, Chicago, IL
March 16-22: TBA, South By Southwest, Austin, TX *
All dates with John Doe and Grant-Lee Phillips except *
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Throwing Muses recording new album, announce first concerts in 5 years
- The Cure enlists Pixies, Deftones, Mogwai, Throwing Muses for Pasadena Daydream Festival
- Listen: Kristin Hersh, ‘No Shade In Shadow’ — off forthcoming album ‘Possible Dust Clouds’
- Listen: Kristin Hersh debuts ‘LAX’ — first taste of forthcoming album ‘Possible Dust Clouds’
- Watch: Kristin Hersh and Tanya Donelly reunite onstage for a little ‘Two Step’ in Boston
- Watch a 9-song Throwing Muses performance filmed at Seattle’s Triple Door last year