Photo by Robbie Perry
Dead Can Dance co-founder Lisa Gerrard will release a new album with Jules Maxwell, who has toured with the band as a keyboard player, this May, and are previewing their first record together with the single “Noyalain (Burn),” which you can hear below via its music video.
The two started working together after Maxwell joined Dead Can Dance’s 2012 tour, and helped Gerrard write a new song called “Rising of the Moon” that the band used as an encore to each show. Jules and I began our creative journey with Dead Can Dance,” Gerrard says. “We realized that we could connect through improvisation and that musical exploration continues to evolve with this present work.”
The album’s release comes three years after the last Dead Can Dance record, Dionysus. Dead Can Dance’s COVID-canceled U.S. tour was rescheduled for April and May of this year, but it’s not yet clear if that will happen.
Hear the new song “Noyalain (Burn)” below.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Listen: Dead Can Dance, ‘The Mountain’ — first taste of upcoming album ‘Dionysus’
- Dead Can Dance returns with ambitious new album ‘Dionysus,’ plus 2019 tour of Europe
- New Dead Can Dance album — first in 6 years — near completion, Brendan Perry says
- Dead Can Dance to release ‘In Concert’ live album next month — download free track
- Video: Dead Can Dance open North American tour with first concerts in 7 years
- Dead Can Dance sets Aug. 9 release date for first new album in 16 years
- Dead Can Dance’s Brendan Perry, Lisa Gerrard reuniting for new album, 2012 world tour