Love and Rockets
Love and Rockets launched a new Instagram account this weekend with an inaugural post that asked fans to “stay tuned for some exciting news,” the latest hint that a much-anticipated reunion could be in the works following the collapse of the Bauhaus reformation last year.
UPDATE: Cat’s out of the bag
The trio — Daniel Ash, David J and Kevin Haskins — are in the midst of reissuing most of their albums on vinyl via a new Beggars Arkive campaign, the announcement of which saw the label itself hinting that more was to come.
The Beggars Arkive press release announcing the new reissues in November noted that “the recent unexpected cancellation of the Bauhaus U.S. dates has spurred legions of fans to beg Love and Rockets to perform again. Only time will tell if there will be any more chapters to their intriguing tale.”
Love and Rockets last performed live in 2008 with a couple warmup shows and a trio of festival slots, including at Coachella and Lollapalooza. The band’s last album was 1998’s Lift, and its last tour followed that in 1999.
Bauhaus began its latest reunion with a trio of shows in Hollywood in late 2019, then continued with a pandemic-delayed string of headlining dates and festival appearances, including at the inaugural Cruel World festival in Pasadena, Calif. — which itself was delayed from 2020 to 2022.
The band even released its first new song in 14 years.
In late August last year, however, Bauhaus canceled the remainder of its reunion dates in North America as frontman Peter Murphy entered rehab ” to attend to his health and well-being,” leaving fans wondering if the rest of the band would simply continue on as Love and Rockets.
View this post on Instagram
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Love and Rockets vinyl reissues, “The Albums 1985-1996” box set announced
- Bauhaus debuts new single “Drink the New Wine” — first new music in 14 years
- Daniel Ash reveals new band and album, says Bauhaus reunion likely to resume in 2022
- Vintage Video: Love and Rockets’ amazing low-budget TV commercial for ‘Express’
- Vintage Video: Love and Rockets bridge old and new in 1996 set at Chilean festival
- Daniel Ash closes door on Love and Rockets: ‘It’s boring for me to do those songs’