Reformed Scottish duo The Vaselines this week issued a cheeky music video for “Sex With an X,” the title track off their upcoming sophomore album — the indie-pop group’s first record in 21 years, and only their second ever. The clip, shown above, imagines Eugene Kelly and Frances McKee having traded rock ‘n’ roll 20 years ago to become a priest and a nun — and now reuniting to tear around town in a convertible while singing lines like, “Feels go good, it must be bad for me.”
The “Sex With an X” single will be released on 7-inch Aug. 24 by Sub Pop Records, while the full 12-track Sex With an X album is due out Sept. 14. You can download an MP3 of “Sex With an X” here, and see the album’s full tracklist here.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Download: The Vaselines’ ‘Sex With an X’
- The Vaselines set 22-date fall North American tour in support of ‘Sex With An X’
- The Vaselines unveil ‘Sex With An X,’ offer download of ‘I Hate the ’80s’
- Vaselines mounting North American tour in support of Sub Pop reissue
- Sub Pop issuing new Vaselines retrospective