This week’s installment of The AV Club’s Undercover 2012 series finds mash-up stars The Hood Internet doing a number on The Pretenders’ 1982 single “Back on the Chain Gang,” slowing it down and punching it up with samples of rappers Rick Ross and Gucci Mane. Check it out via the player above. Still left on the AV Club’s list of songs to be covered on this go-around: Violent Femmes’ “Kiss Off,” among others.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Nada Surf covers New Order’s ‘Bizarre Love Triangle’
- Video: Lucero covers David Bowie’s ‘Modern Love’
- Video: Memoryhouse covers The Police’s ‘Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic’
- Video: They Might Be Giants cover Chumbawumba’s ‘Tubthumping’
- Video: Sloan covers Gary Numan’s ‘Cars’
- Video: Surfer Blood covers Pixies’ ‘Gigantic’