Morrissey today announced he’ll mount a seven-night residency on New York City’s famed Broadway this May, with his handlers promising fans will get a “rare opportunity to see the star branch out into new territory and take the stage like never before.”
The concerts, which will precede the release later in May of his new covers album California Son, are set for May 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10 and 11 at the Lunt-Fontanne Theater in New York City.
Tickets go on sale 10 a.m. EST Friday via morrisseyofficial.com.
The singer’s publicist says Moz will be putting on a “retrospective show” that “promises an intimate yet exciting exploration of Morrissey’s expansive career from his early days to his upcoming new record California Son.” It’s not yet clear whether this will be a Springsteenesque mixture of story and song, or something more akin to a regular concert.
Morrissey on Broadway
May 2: Lunt-Fontanne Theater, New York, NY
May 3: Lunt-Fontanne Theater, New York, NY
May 4: Lunt-Fontanne Theater, New York, NY
May 7: Lunt-Fontanne Theater, New York, NY
May 8: Lunt-Fontanne Theater, New York, NY
May 10: Lunt-Fontanne Theater, New York, NY
May 11: Lunt-Fontanne Theater, New York, NY
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Morrissey enlists members of Green Day, Grizzly Bear for ‘California Son’ covers album
- Morrissey abandons his boycott of Canada, imposes 8-date tour on peaceful nation
- Morrissey cancels Boston concert as another U.S. tour comes to an ignominious end
- Morrissey performs The Smiths’ ‘I Started Something I Couldn’t Finish’ for first time ever
- Watch: Morrissey debuts new songs, covers The Pretenders in 55-minute set for BBC
- The absolute best of The Smiths: All 70 songs ranked by Slicing Up Eyeballs’ readers