Morrissey closed out his seven-night residency on Broadway on Saturday with something old-but-new: He treated the New York City crowd to his first-ever performance of the ballad “I Won’t Share You,” off The Smiths’ 1987 swan song Strangeways, Here We Come.
That album was released after The Smiths broke up and never was performed by the band, though Morrissey has played some of the songs in his solo career in the ensuing years.
Check out a couple different fan-shot videos of the performance below.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Morrissey enlists Interpol for 14-date U.S. tour in support of covers album ‘California Son’
- Morrissey to ‘branch out into new territory’ with 7-night Broadway residency in May
- Morrissey enlists members of Green Day, Grizzly Bear for ‘California Son’ covers album
- Morrissey cancels Boston concert as another U.S. tour comes to an ignominious end
- The absolute best of The Smiths: All 70 songs ranked by Slicing Up Eyeballs’ readers